Monday, January 19, 2009

Finding Balance...

I am finding it hard to balance my life right now. There isn't enough time in the day. I have so many things I want to do, and there are so many things I've let go of because I just can't do it all. There's bills to be paid, tons of paperwork to to through, the house needs a good cleaning, thank yous to be sent and phone calls to be made. I want to keep up on the baby books, the first year calendar, taking lots of photos, and keeping up on organizing them, scrapping photos of my babies and kiddos, and journaling and blogging. And even more importantly spending precious time with Kinzie and Malichi and really focusing on them whenever the twins are napping. And I also need a little time for me, which is mostly used for sleeping.

It's really hard.

And on such little sleep, it's even harder. Last night I was only able to sleep from 2 am until 5 am. Not enough sleep to function on when it's night after night like that! They did sleep a 5 hour stretch at the same time a few nights ago, and that was wonderful.

Most of my time is spent nursing. I finish feeding S & F, and go start to do one of the many things on my to do list, and before I know it one of the babies is ready to eat again(usually Scout...she is the bottomless pit...a little milk hog she is).

I am trying to focus on the stuff that is really important right now...spending time with the older kids, and spending time with each baby when the other is napping, or playing with them together when they are both awake and NOT eating. And in any time I might have left...scrapbooking, photographing and documenting our lives right now.

The cleaning can wait, the organizing can wait, the paperwork can wait, the phone calls can wait...people understand. The bills can't though....so I better not put those off! If you know me at all, you know that's totally not me. I like to be organized and on top of things and have a clean house.

If it was humanly possible to get all of the things done I want to, I would. But it's not. So I need to let go a little.

Thank goodness Grammy will be back again tomorrow to help for the week. She's a lifesaver!

Both babies are now napping so I am going to try to catch a little nap as well!

No comments: