Thursday, September 09, 2010

The first days of school.


Luckily, the kids' first days of school were staggered this year. Maybe they just know that parents with an older child and a Kindergartener need to be eased into having 2 kids gone at school all day!

Malichi started on Tuesday, September 8th. All of us went with to see him off to his first day of 3rd grade. Here he is all ready for school, new white shoes (that won't stay white past today) and all!

Photobucket

Getting on the bus...

Photobucket

Kinzie started the next day, September 9th. She was so excited! There were a few nerves about eating lunch at school and recess, but overall she couldn't wait.

Photobucket

Here I am with my 2 grade schoolers. Ok, after seeing this picture, I am really realizing how tall Malichi is getting and how short I am.

Photobucket

Daddy, Malichi, and Kinzie.

Photobucket

Kinzie getting on the bus, not a bit scared!

Photobucket

And they are off...

Photobucket

Aaron and I met Kinzie at school as she got off the bus at her new school for the first time. It hit me as she got off the bus, that she would be gone all day now, and I started tearing up. I walked with her to her room, and said goodbye there. I had a few tears, but she was all smiles.

Photobucket

The first day they were both gone was hard. The twins keep me plenty busy in the morning, so I didn't really realize until nap time when the twins were both sleeping and the house was quiet that I really missed them! That said, I did, however, enjoy the quiet, and realized I could actually find time during the day to do something productive! But I was anxious to pick them up and find out how their day was.

Malichi's response was "It was AWESOME", and Kinzie couldn't wait to go back.





.

1 comment:

yedde said...

Nice photography