Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekend at Grammy's

Our lives are so busy these days that we don't get out to Grammy's as often anymore! So this year we dedicated all of MEA while the kids were off school to go spend some time out on Grammy's farm.

Some of my best memories of my childhood were the weeks I spent at my Grandma's house in the summer, and I love that my kids get to experience it as well!

They love having the freedom to roam and explore while we are there.




We spent one afternoon at the Vogel Arena swimming. It doesn't have the super duper high diving boards anymore that I remember as a kids, but they do have some water slides, and a rock climbing wall now!
The kids had a blast swimming, especially since Kelsey and Jaden were there to swim with!







 

That night we had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant in New Ulm, Plaza Morena. We ordered chicken quesidillas, as usual!


I remember my Grandma reading to me a lot as a kid. Among one of my favorite reads at Grandma's house was the "Sweet Pickles" series, my favorites being "Hippo Jogs for Health" and "Me Too Iguana" in the series. Now I get to see my kids enjoy having Grammy read to them. They love it.

Grammy reading "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" to the kids.




Time spent with Grammy out on the farm is always special. 










No comments: