Sunday, October 08, 2006

Funny Story.......kinda....

I'll get to the funny story in a bit...

So I spent this weekend in Owatonna with my family. I stayed at my mom's. Me, her, and my sister, Tiff, had a girls weekend. It was fun. On saturday, the LSS in Owatonna had a "scrapbook garage sale". You can bring any used stamps or scrap supplies in and set up a table and sell them. I got rid of ALOT of my paper scrapping supplies. I am tempted to go all digital..but I just don't think I can do it yet. Just can't give it up completely. Only made like 38 bucks, but that's okay. It paid for the stuff we did over the weekend!

Okay, now on to the sorta funny story. Funny to everyone else...not so much to me! :) Mom, Tiff and I decided to go to this Haunted House and corn maze in Waseca.I am one of those people that likes to be scared...for the most part...in stuff like that. I get into haunted houses and stuff! I know it isn't real, and I can have fun. Yeah I scream like a little girl everytime someone jumps out at me. And yes, I hold my mommy's hand! :) But It is usually the "fun-scary". We started out in the Haunted House, and I got through that just fine. Then we started to go through the corn maze. It was pretty big, and we kept getting lost. We were having fun with it, until we heard the chainsaw.

Now I don't know if any of you readers have seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but Aaron and I went a couple of years ago, when it was in the theater. We were up in Stillwater, having a weekend away, to ourselves, and we decided to go to that movie. Not such a great idea... we were BOTH too disturbed and scared to go back to the hotel and go to sleep. So we ended up going to Perkins for pie and stayed for like 2 hours till we were calm enough to go back to the room to sleep. And it wasn't just me...Aaron too. So I was pretty freaked out by it.

So here we are in the corn maze... and I hear the chainsaw. I literally sat down on the ground, started rocking, and covered my ears. I tell my mom there is no way I can walk by him, and that I am too scared. She's like "well, we have to walk by him to get out, come on". So I get up and we keep walking. I am in the middle holding my mom's hand, and Tiff's hand. All the sudden we hear the chainsaw come out of the corn field to the left. Tiffany and I jumped INTO the corn field on the right side, on top of eachother. I started crying..literally crying. The "texas chainsaw massacre" guy comes over to us and is just hovered over me. Apparently Tiffany was telling me to get up, but I was frozen, and didn't hear her. I was just crouched down with my hands over my head...crying, in the corn field. It felt like forever that I was sitting there. When I finally got up, Tiff ran the other way, and I just stood there, eyes closed, hands covering my head, and I was sobbing "please stop, please stop" as he is standing over me with the chainsaw touching my back. I couldnt move. I just stood there. Of course he had to be getting such a kick out of me, that he wouldn't leave me alone. I finally tried to go around him, and after trying to dodge him a bit, I finally got by. All the while this is happening, my mom is just standing there, shining the flashlight on me laughing. I ran the other way by myself and got away from the damn chainsaw guy, and then Tiff and Mom found me shortly after that. I was crying, shaking, and almost hyperventilating. I was like "Mommy, why didn't you help me!". She didn't realize I was actually CRYING, like the "I think I am going to die cry" and not the "I am scared but this is funny cry".

So we get out of the corn maze, and I calm down a little. We stopped at the concession stand and talked to the 2 women working there. I was trying to tell them about the corn maze, and I couldn't even tell the story without crying again! I could laugh about it after we were out, but I still cried while telling it! And of course, that made the story even more hilarious, because I was laughing and crying hysterically at the same time, and you could barely understand me. After that, Mom kept saying "tell the corn maze story again". Just cause me even telling the story was so funny. I told it to Nate, Rachel, Dad, and Aaron, and I seriously couldn't tell it without getting all hysterical, even into the next day!

Nate was bummed that he missed out on such a show, so now I have to do it again! We are going to Anoka to do some haunted houses and stuff next weekend for Me and Tiff's birthdays. As long as the Texas Chainsaw Massacre guy isn't there, I will be fine. But I am sure everyone is hoping he will be there! Should be interesting....

So there's my story for the weekend. I am such a baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Shannon!!!! That is the funniest story EVER!!! I mean that in the most loving way though...hee hee. I would have been completely petrified too, luckily i never saw that movie because i know FULL WELL that i'd never sleep again! I'm a big scaredy cat! :) {{{HUGS}}} Hope the trauma wears off soon! hhahah xo

Brittany said...

So funny!!!! I get freaked out in the haunted house kiddy rides....I just hate not knowing what is around the next dark corner. I do have to say, though....as long as there isn't a little girl with long dark hair climbing out of a well....I should be good. LOL!!! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! Luckily I didn't see the movie and I hate horror movie, because I know I can't handle it well :) I saw one horror movie before and for 2 weeks I open all the windows and doors when I'm alone at home!

Holly said...

Ha haha.

This is precisely the reason why I don't watch scary movies OR go to haunted houses.

Wish I could have seen it though- you look pretty funny when you freak out. ;)