Thursday, April 26, 2007

Nate *hearts* Joan! :)

SO Nate and Joan are FINALLY married! And I am FINALLY getting some pictures posted! Meant to do this Monday, but it has been a busy week!

Friday was a little hectic getting last minute things packed and then we ended up having to get Aarons Tux fixed last minute! He had waited till late Thursday night to try on his Tux. And it was WAY too short!!! We had to take it in on friday to have the pants fixed. They had to let them out 4 1/2 inches!!!! Yeah...they screwed up just a bit!
And then Friday night we had the rehearsal and Groom's dinner. Aaron was one of the Groomsmen for the wedding, and my little Malichi was the ring bearer. He was so cute! :) So at rehearsal he got to practice with Harper, the flower girl. And boy is she a little flirt!!!! She was loving Malichi!

At one point she even told Malichi he would be her husband one day! We'll have to tell them eventually that they are now related and they can't get married! :) They were just so cute together!

And here is Nate, in his spiffy outfit for the Groom's Dinner:



I gave Nate and Joan their scrapbook on Friday night, so they could set it out at the wedding or reception if they wanted to (which they did). I hope they loved it!!!

Saturday was a BUSY day! I was taking pictures for a few hours before the wedding, and then of course we had the ceremony, and then more pictures, and the reception.
Steph and Adam watched Kinzie for me so I could take pictures all day. Thanks guys, for your help!
It was long day, but tons of fun. A couple of my fave shots:
4-21-07 239

4-20-07 065

And check out my handsome little man:
4-21-07 245 copy
I was SO proud of him! I thought he would be nervous, and we'd have to bribe him to go down the aisle or something, but he wasn't and we didn't! He did amazing! And all through the ceremony he just stood by Aaron, and watched. I am just so proud of my boy! (Aaron, I am proud of you too!!)

And the reception was tons of fun. The kids were such troopers! They danced like crazy, and surprisingly, neither of them were crabby! Kinzie did get a little nap in with Steph and Adam driving her around, so that helped. But they both made it until about 11:30 or so! They were both out on the dance floor most of the night! Malichi and Harper danced together most of the night. It was pretty cute, although I am not sure I am ready for all that yet!!!! He can wait on the flirting a few more years! And Kinzie wanted to dance with everyone...but me. Everytime I tried to dance with her, she'd yell at me and go find someone else!!!! Such a stinker that one is, and a little too independent sometimes!

And Guess What? I danced. Me. The one who never dances, and has NEVER danced except maybe to a few slow songs in my whole life. Mom has been trying for years to get me to dance, but I have not caved. I told her a few weekends ago at the bachellorette party, that if she went up and tipped the drag queen during the drag show at gay 90's (I know..thats another story), that I would dance with her, but no, she wouldn't do it, so I didn't dance! BUT.... at the reception..I decided I would let loose and at least try. I am the most uncoordinated person ever, but what the hell!? It's Nate's Wedding! (and Mom said she'd buy me a drink if I danced!) So I DID!!!! I even went out on the dance floor multiple times! Can you believe it! I did the electric slide, and I danced to "Cotton Eye Joe", and to some other fast songs! I managed to get my Grammy out there dancing, and Aaron too! I must admit, It was fun. BUT...Mom... sorry to burst your bubble...don't think I will be doing it again. I'm quite sure I won't be! I can't even imagine what an eye sore I was out there on the dance floor! Oh well! :)

And then on Sunday, we went to Nate's for the Gift Opening, and lunch. It was a nice, relaxing end to the weekend. And then Monday they left for Hawaii! I'm a little jealous...but I hope they are having a GREAT time!

One last picture..
4-20-07 078
Aren't they so cute together? I am so happy for them both. I love seeing my brother so happy, and I adore Joan.

Want to see more pictures from the weekend? I've posted more in my flick gallery HERE

No comments: