Thursday, August 27, 2009

9 months



9 months.

Finley
Height: 27 inches (10%)
Weight: 17 lb. 4 oz. (%10)

Scout
Height: 26 1/2 inches (20%)
Weight: 20 lbs. 4 oz. (75%)

I can't believe she is 3 lbs. bigger!!! You wouldn't know it by the way they eat. Finley chows down. Scout is a little more hesitant to food that's not my milk. She doesn't like things with a texture much either.

Both babies are getting all over the place. Scout crawls around in the "normal" style now. Finley does this little leapfrog thing where he gets up on his toes and pushes himself and he kind of bounces along the floor.

Finley got both of his bottom teeth this past month. Scout now has 5 teeth! 3 on the top and 2 on the bottom. One of the middle top is about to come through soon too! She has started biting some with her new teeth! And she makes all these funny faces because she tries to rub her tongue and lip over her teeth all the time!

Scout has started clapping, and Finley, we think, is doing "more" in sign language. He looks like he's trying to clap, but he only does it at mealtime, and when I say "more"?

Both of the babies are getting very vocal. Scout is just loud, and likes to be heard. Finley is a lot quieter. They both say "DaDaDaDa". Finley sounds like he is trying to say "hi".

Now that both babies are mobile and getting into everything, I decided it was time to invest in a play yard. Actually, I decided last minute one day, when I just couldn't handle it anymore! I loaded up the kids and we headed out to find a baby jail! Finley does NOT love it in there, but Scout doesn't mind it. She'll play for a while. But if has helped me a ton. I can actually go to the bathroom alone now!

Scout pulls herself up on everything, and even walks on the furniture! She'll go from the couch to the chair holding on and shuffling across the floor. The other day I watched her standing up holding onto a chair and she leg go, stood for a few seconds and then lowered herself to the floor to sit down!!!

Finley is just starting to pull himself up on stuff. He gets so excited when he gets himself up in his crib and can stand up on the side.

Usually after the babies naps, Scout will play for a little bit on her own, but Finley will cry right away and wants to get picked up. The other day though, I heard on them wake up on the monitor, and they weren't crying so I left them be. Pretty soon I heard them just giggling. I peeked in the door to see what was so funny, and I found them both standing up in their cribs bouncing up and down and laughing at eachother! It was hilarious!

They are at such a fun age right now, and everyday is new adventure with them!















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over the pictures by the lake. Too cute!! They are both so beautiful Shannon.

Anonymous said...

I suppose you want to know who is leaving comments on your blog?! :)
Kristie