Wednesday, October 14, 2009

27.

Today I turned 27.

I can't believe I am 27. Married for almost 8 years. 4 kids. I have a SECOND grader!

I remember when 27 seemed so old. It seemed like I would NEVER be 27. I dreaded becoming "old" like that.

But...now that I AM "old" like that, I realize it's not so bad! And I also realize it is really NOT old! :) I've got my whole life ahead of me, and each year continues to get better and better!

Our family has obviously grown as the years have gone by.
My marriage has grown and gotten stronger each year.
I've discovered more of what I really want in my life as I have gotten older.
I've made some wonderful new friends throughout the years.

Life at 27 really is not what I thought it was going to be when I was young. It's so much better!

All I could ask for on my birthday is to spend it with friends and family, and that is what I did.

This morning Kinzie brought me breakfast in bed, which was all her idea, at 6:30 am. She whispers to Daddy and they both head downstairs. In a few minutes, she comes back up with a bowl of Life cereal and a big Happy Birthday kiss for me. I love that girl.

Me, Kinzie, the twins, and Kristie and Chasey went to Mocha Monkey for lunch. One of my favorite places in town to get food, coffee, or just hang out.

Then I came home to these beautiful flowers on my front porch. Thanks Mom!!! :)



Tonight we all went to dinner at one of my favorite places, Noodles and Company. I got my usual. Whole grain tuscan linquine, sub the red pepper for tomato, mushroom for broccoli, and no onions. MMMMMM....



Aaron bought a cake and brought that along to Noodles, and after dinner they all sang Happy Birthday to me (well...mostly just Aaron)and I blew out my pretend candles. :) Kinzie and Malichi toasted with their Root Beer and Izze peach soda.



Then we went camcorder shopping. Ours died last weekend. :( So we found some we like and hopefully we can get one soon. I'd say it could be my birthday/xmas/anniversary present....but the new Canon 50D takes that spot...so...... maybe it could count as Aaron's xmas/anniversary present!?? :) It's what you always wanted, right Hunny?

And now I am going to finish off my birthday night, with curling up on the couch to watch some TV. (and NOT doing any type of project or paperwork while I watch). Not too exciting...I know. But hey...I AM 27. Boring and old right?

No comments: